Thursday, June 23, 2016

DRUNK REPORTING #1: Mr. Blank and the Masks

OK. Here's the deal. EVERY time I go out, I have at least a few pieces of paper and a pen in my pocket. I refuse-- drunk, sober, or otherwise-- to have the good fortune of being struck with a great idea and be so arrogant to think I will remember it "no problem". I learned this to be a falsehood at a much younger age, when I had MANY more brains cells, and all those that were present and accounted for were firing on all cylinders! Today, there are just a few lonely brain cells swimming around through the murkiness and confusion of lost time and masturbatory fever dreams, and those poor guys are just effing exhausted!

For well over half my life, for that matter, there has been paper and pen within reach of my bed every night as well, even when (sometimes ESPECIALLY when--) I am ill. There are thoughts, connections, and images that occur while your body attacks itself, under such unique and extreme conditions and sending your system so far out of balance, that these momentary glimpses into mad worlds are never again available, under any circumstances.

Never get caught without pen and paper. I won't.

WHAT IS MY POINT??? I hear you screaming right now. What does this have to do with "The END of FUN"? 

In today's post, I wanted to share another of my drunk rantings that was collected as I drank and sang at the Carriage House over the past year. On this particular night, there just was no spark in the world of Johnny, Jade, Kari K, and crew. Instead, my thoughts were rolling toward Halloween 2015. What began as brainstorming about "Zombies "(ugh!-- sure sign of a drunken inspirational void...right?) and the cooler idea of "Mr. Blank" (a featureless silver-face mask, wearing a black domino-style mask over top of that), explodes into a sudden drunken gush of my love for masks themselves. Before the rant is over, even that continues to evolve philosophically and meditatively. (Just effing read it and decide for yourself! LOL-- ALSO please feel free to look and laugh at the scan of the actual document. You are welcome to give me shit in the comments! LOL again!)

HERE IT IS:
(typed "translation" follows the scans!)


"Halloween Costumes    
-Zombies
-Mr. Blank (Silver-Face) with Black Domino Mask

I have always loved the idea of masks. Every day EVERY one of us wears a variety of masks. Masks most subtle. These are masks of function, masks of necessity masks of survival. On occasion, it is necessary, it is enjoyable , it is cathartic, to wear more over, more purposeful masks.

There is something to be said about being able to carry your face (or faces) around in your hand. There is something to be said for being able to hide your true face behind this face you carry. There is something to be said for masks.

Who am I? I am my mask. But. But my mask is not me. 

My mask wants your mask. Your mask wants my mask. our masks want each other.

Our masks know each other better than we know each other.

This makes the masks happy. This makes us happy. This makes everyone happy.

There is a border between hetero and homosexuality that is more than tantalizing to the average "hetero" male. You can see this live in any bar, dressing room, or even public bathroom across these United States.

The motions, the actions, and the behaviors of those around us are as infectious as any virus. And just as deadly."

HERE, included as a bonus is a picture of my ACTUAL Halloween costume last year (BTW-- I wont $200.00! and was so intoxicated did not fully realize I was in the contest at all!). Can you guess who I went as??? HINT: I wrote the author a letter AND. HE. WROTE ME BACK!!!!!!!! I will scan and post that next time, with a little story about the impact this character and writer have had on my own life and art!!!

and just for the hell of it... One of many pictures of me mugging (for my own strange pleasure) in a domino mask!

That is IT for now, guys! Please keep checking back every day as we work toward our first big goal: THE TABLE READ on JULY 9! I will be posting regularly until then!

See you soon. Keep it weird, and remember...FUN NEVER ENDS!
--Bobby


No comments:

Post a Comment