Wednesday, June 22, 2016

TWO Table Reads

Hi Fun Killers! Today, I wanted to have a brief discussion of the process for this movie because it is wildly different, and much more detailed than anything I have undertaken in the past. How so?  Well, to begin with, there will be a table read...actually two.

My other projects were so teeny, and I was such a newbie that I never really did any kind of proper table read at all, although I did work with very closely with several actors. I spent countless hours online through Skype, and in person, with the guy who played the lead in "Welcome Matt". Upon reflection, I wish I had been able to spend more time with each actor. I also wish I could have had one more pass at the script after hearing the words come from the lips of others.

That brings us to now! "The End of Fun" will kick off with a Production Meeting on July 9, 2016 which will begin with one of two "table reads". Why two? This first one serves three main purposes:

#1) I want the opportunity, as stated above, to hear the dialog read by others and even discuss it with others so I can tighten up specific lines and elements. It is entirely possible that I will add or delete entire lines based on the results and feedback of that table read.

#2) Create excitement for Producers. The goal is that everyone in attendance, whether reading, or listening, will become truly excited about and attached to the project, taking on a sense of ownership themselves. Once I begin the crowd-funding and fundraising efforts overall, I want as large of a "street team" as possible out evangelizing, spreading, links, mugging, robbing, stealing, prostituting,..WHATEVER IT TAKES to get this movie made the way I want. (And I'm not really asking for a lot! My previous experience definitely taught me very well to run LEAN and MEAN!)

#3) Marketing Material. I will stream this first table read to help generate grass roots level interest, but will also record so that I can use all or portions for the material used for fundraising, archives, etc.

Why the SECOND TABLE READ? Great question! When the first table read happens, I do not think (nor do I actually care) whether I have all my acting talent on board or not. In fact, the recording I mention above will likely be used in part to recruit the right talent!

The second table read will HOPEFULLY have all the acting talent locked in place and will take place much closer to the actual shooting date. That one will serve the purpose of helping everyone involved in the actual filming/recording to get on the same page  with stylistic elements and other small details, including dance moves/choreography.

PLEASE continue to stay tuned! Please continue to spread the word. TIP YOUR KJ!

Until next time, enjoy this video from one of the songs on my PLAYLIST:

No comments:

Post a Comment