Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Casting Announcement: Please Welcome JULIA BODEY!

Hello guys! Sorry for the repeated prolonged absence, but things really are gaining steam around here and I am still carrying far far FAR TOO MUCH of the load myself. I am not complaining at all, by the way-- such is the life of an independent movie-maker, especially if insisting upon a certain level of quality from all talent involved, IN FRONT OF and BEHIND the camera.

And that leads us to tonight's return:

  1. Because things are much busier, I can no longer honestly commit to a daily schedule of posting. For this, TO SOME I say "I'm sorry"... TO only a very few OTHERS, I say "You're welcome"! Instead of daily ranting, I will now commit to update this blog three times per week. The PROPOSED SCHEDULE is SUNDAY, TUESDAY, and FRIDAY nights. That doesn't mean I can't and won't post MORE, but will try to make that as my regular minimum schedule. Additionally, you should begin to receive much more real news and less overall ranting...NOT ZERO RANTS...Just less...
  2. Announce that OTHERS ARE JOINING the team and MAKING MY JOB EASIER! The reason for the delays has primarily been related to casting. After getting only a trickle of response when advertising primarily locally in San Diego, I got BURIED in QUALIFIED ACTORS within hours of posting our first ad on Backstage.com. Auditions have started and actors are joining the team! Of course, each actor who comes on is also an EXECUTIVE PRODUCER. This gives them a stake of ownership in the movie itself, and helps to distribute the work that needs to be done, ensuring each person involved in any capacity is "wearing several hats"!
ENOUGH DELAY! 

JULIA BODEY has joined "The END of FUN" as "Cammy" and our production team as an Executive Producer! 

In all my years of being involved in creative collaborations of any type, I have rarely experienced someone with the equal measures of enthusiasm and talent that Julia exhibits every time I encounter her, whether in email, on video, or finally-- IN PERSON!

Julia really wanted this role, and she made sure that I knew that through very strong approaches to the character each time we discussed or she read, especially when we finally did have the opportunity to sit down together yesterday. After getting what I needed on tape, I was so happy and sure that I wanted to add her to the cast that after she read HER OWN SCENE, that she went on to very effectively (and BLINDLY, I might add) read as KARI K, SCAB, and OTHERS large chunks of the rest with me right through to the end.

When we got to the end together, both of us were even more excited which make the offer very easy to make. I can only hope that the experience made it as easy for Julia to accept the role! Before she left, we even discussed having her help with auditions and she was excited about that as well.

I really think WE WON all the way around with by adding this talented person to our cast and team! When you see her on the screen, I know YOU WILL AGREE! 

Please make JULIA BODEY feel welcome and say "Hi" to her in the comments below! I'm sure she will check in here often and would LOVE to hear from you guys!

THANKS JULIA! Thanks Fun-Killers, family, friends, and fans!!!

#TEOFCasting #TEOFCast #TEOFCammy #TEOF1000

No comments:

Post a Comment