Wednesday, July 6, 2016

We Need YOU! (Marketing an Indie Movie Part 1)

Making movies is never easy.

No matter how much I read about the challenges faced by directors like The Russo Brothers on HUGE MOVIES like CAPTAIN AMERICA III: CIVIL WAR, at this point my understanding is simply limited by experience. I can IMAGINE what it must be like to participate in the crazy process, money, and politics involved with bringing a character like SPIDER-MAN over from Sony... BACK to Marvel (sort of) to be used in that movie and then later reboot the franchise again, this time with Marvel in control (sort of) while Sony continues to hold the rights (sort of) and do other stuff (sort of) with the character and its related property from the Marvel Comics.

But I can ONLY IMAGINE at this point.

I have LOVED all three Captain America Movies! Cap II: Winter Soldier MAY still be my fav, though... NOT SURE YET! YOU?

I have spent nearly my entire life, not only watching movies, but studying them. The very first Oral Report I ever gave was in 6th Grade for Mrs. Owen in the PATS (Program for Academically Talented Students...AHEM! That's right--and go to Hell, Mrs Armes--) Program. Even at that age, I was already obsessed not only with the movies I enjoyed, but with HOW they were made, so that first report was on the production and "stop motion animation" of the original KING KONG. It was the first time that I ever made the connection between the number of frames per second in a movie and the "number of frames" perceived by the human eye.


OK! Can we all just admit that while both the Cap poster above and this King Kong poster both do their jobs very effectively, the King Kong Poster is a PIECE OF ART in its own right? I would LOVE to have this on my wall!
Source (WP:NFCC#4)
It boggled my mind to learn that what I was seeing in just a few seconds would often take the filmmakers an entire day to shoot. The King Kong 21" MODELS would be moved, carefully placed, BRUSHED (to attempt to hide the fact that the model was being handled by human hands-- this may still be noticed in the film as it exists as Kong's fur moves inconsistently and unnaturally throughout the film. Supposedly, this detail bothered the animators, chasing them to their detail-driven graves.), then filmed, then moved, placed, articulated, brushed, and shot all over again! 

The information I learned about making movies completely changed how I watched them.

And it all started with King Kong. This movie is STILL one of my favorites...as is the remake from the 80's...AND Peter Jackson's remake in the 2000's! I LOVE KONG! Not just for the story but for that initial spark my love for him ignited, opening my mind to the possibility of making movies myself one day in the future.

Before that, though, in true "Little Rascals/Our Gang" style, I was pretty well-known for organizing and dreaming up stories for me, my sisters, and our friends to perform of the garage outside our house in Louisville, KY...MANY Years earlier.

Before that? I wrote my very first story in 1977. It had a beginning, middle, and end...and I still stand behind it as a story today.  Not the writing, mind you-- I was in SECOND GRADE! But the concept and the major beats of the story lend themselves to a project I will likely tackle in the near future (EVERY PERSON I tell about the story insists I write it again as an adult--IF I EVER GROW UP!), so I can't tell you more than the title. I can tell you that because I feel like it is likely to change, and it does tell you enough: "Civil War Soldiers Vs. The Giant Tarantula" (I DID grow up in KY and LOVE watching monster movies...LOL....'nuff said!)

My little QUICKIE 2 Minute Concept Movie Poster for...CIVIL WAR SOLDIERS VS. THE GIANT TARANTULA!

Now I HAVE made movies. I've done it on a zero budget. I've done it with NO EQUIPMENT. I've done it with folks that were just cutting their teeth, much as I was. (A skillful look around this blog or a quick Google search for "praxdog productions")

THIS time? We WILL have a budget. We will have EQUIPMENT. We will HIRE EXPERIENCED ACTORS.

THIS TIME? I'm going to KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF! I promise.

I promise each of you reading this that the story "The END of FUN" should be put on the screen. It should be done so by me. I promise each and ALL OF YOU that the production value will be UNLIKE anything you have seen from me BEFORE! I am bringing in EXPERTS RIGHT NOW! I promise EVERYONE that I will deliver the performance of my lifetime. I will DRAW AMAZING PERFORMANCES from my cast. I will INSPIRE and EARN LOYALTY from EVERY PERSON involved in this production.

THAT INCLUDES YOU!

We NEED YOU!

Unlike Peter Jackson, we DO NOT have Hollywood $$ chasing us and only determining HOW MUCH to give us... We don't have the budget of the ORIGINAL which was from 1933!!!

WE HAVE YOU!!!

For this movie to be made, we will depend on crowdfunding efforts through Kickstarter.com. The page will be built this week and go live this weekend. The SEQUEL to this post (Marketing an INDIE Part 2) will be posted at that time. It will be MUCH BRIEFER. The purpose will not be so much to explain how and WHY WE NEED YOU in the way this one did, but instead will explain and share HOW YOU MIGHT HELP if you would like to! I will list ALL OUR SOCIAL MEDIA including the Kickstarter, FB Page, Twitter and even refer back to this blog itself!

I will also provide "copy and paste"-able blurbs you can use all over the net if you choose to help. I and some fans have already produced a few movie-related "memes" that you can start spreading now. After we cast the movie over the next week or two, NEW MEMES will APPEAR that show the STARS OF THE MOVIE!!!

Making a movie is never easy. Making an indie without the support of friends and fans is IMPOSSIBLE in this world TODAY!

To get this movie made, the story was critical. The casting and acting will be vital. The directing must be at PROFESSIONAL and visionary levels.

To get this movie made, we will need you EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!

Please start today! 

Share the link for THIS BLOG! www.ENDofFUNmovie.com 


Share the link for Twitter! https://twitter.com/ENDofFUN  (or @ENDofFUN)

SAVE and SHARE ANY OF THESE MEMES! (FEEL FREE TO MAKE YOUR OWN-- Share them with us here or on FB!)

THANK YOU SO MUCH! 
All of this is FOR YOU and IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT YOU!!!

A fan sent this first one and inspired me to do the next to using hers as a model!



































The amazing Julia Rosette will stun you as JADE SILVER. TELL YOUR FRIENDS!






No comments:

Post a Comment