Saturday, July 2, 2016

This is Hardcore!

I love PULP!

"THIS is Hardcore".... The song by PULP!



I love it in orange juice. Without PULP, orange juice is more like...orange drink... and bleccch to that.

THIS is pulp!


I love PULP FICTION. I had already seen and fallen in love with RESERVOIR DOGS when PULP FICTION hit the theaters, and I was among a legion who dragged friends into the theater and became a  part of Tarantino's conversion machine. All the guy had to do was make incredible fucking movies and...WOW, people took their friends to the theater to see these stories. It was NOT about the budget. It was NOT about the NAME of the actors in the movie...IN FACT, many of the actors in the movie made their careers during that 2+ hour thrill-ride, a few more made their comebacks (looking at you, Travolta!).

THIS IS PULP FICTION!!!

I love PULP fiction. No, not the movie...that was the last paragraph...Jesus, keep up!...This is an entire genre... The genre that inspired Tarantino to WRITE his movie in the first place and to honor it with the name. One of my very favorite relatives of all time was my Papaw Harry. He was not my Grandfather by blood, BUT he WAS my grandfather from the day I was born, having married my divorced grandmother years before. It was my awesome Papaw Harry who introduced me to eating Pringles (INCLUDING doing the whole "duck bill" thing!), he introduced me to eating "Lawry's Seasoning Salt" which has been found in my cabinets WITHOUT FAIL throughout my adult life, and not ONE TIME do I look at that label ANYWHERE and not think about this guy! If it wasn't for him, I would not regularly risk my life by sprinkling Seasoning Salt onto (already salty) dill pickle slices! If  not for him, I would not have introduced my beautiful, amazing niece to this dangerous practice!

It was in my Papaw Harry's closet that I found my first "True Detective"-type magazines at about the age of 7 or 8. HONESTLY, it was the lure of nudity that drew me in upon my initial discovery. But as a voracious reader, my attention QUICKLY jumped the tracks from the Hardy Boys Mysteries I had been reading...to something all together more real, more deadly, more sinister... and completely inappropriate for a kid my age! But the affair had begun, and in the forty intervening years, it has never come close to abating. I LOVE PULP FICTION.

THIS is PULP fiction!


ANYWAY! THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SHORT POST...LOL... I really just want to go to sleep BUT COULD NOT DO IT WITHOUT reaching out to you guys first.

I LOVE PULP! That is really all I originally came to say! Just thought I would post that and a whole bunch of videos and be able to crash out... but no.

THIS IS PULP!!!! (A few videos on this page! PLEASE ENJOY!)


"Common People" by PULP (MAYBE my favorite...today!) "...I  don't see anyone else smiling in here..."

I LOVE PULP! I LOVE this band, guys! I really, cannot explain it in any real detail at this point without just boring the shit out of you (and you MAY ALREADY have crossed over into "bored as shit"!...SORRY!). Just listen.

Just listen. Watch. Sit back and enjoy. Pulp is what you need right now....

Well...It's definitely what  I need... This is what I'll be listening to as I crash out tonight guys... BUT I'LL BE DREAMING?... of you. ONLY YOU.

Watch and listen to Pulp. See you again, tomorrow-ish!

Pulp "Babies"... JUMP CUT!


"Help the Aged" by PULP...because...once they were just like YOU!


#TEOFinfluences #TEOFLiveDrunkRant

No comments:

Post a Comment