Thursday, July 14, 2016

Finding Jade Silver--Casting Update 1 (Just a Tease)

Hey Fun-Killers!

SHORT post tonight. I have had a SUPER-BUSY SUPER-PRODUCTIVE day, though. After earning enough money this morning to ensure that I can eat and drive enough to stay alive at least long enough to see this movie finished, I spent the rest of the day coordinating actors.

YES! This AMAZING NEWS! Following the relaunch and focusing our efforts, our pool of applicants, which TOTALED about 10 over nearly 4 weeks... SHOT UP to about 40 in 2 days! And these are not bullshit applicants floating in off Craigslist... These are QUALIFIED ACTORS!

For Jade. (I had an actress apply for this just about an hour ago who just IS JADE physically. I mean it is exciting and a little spooky. She is a great actress; a fresh face, but very talented and very passionate. If things go well with our conversations and auditions, I really think this may be the one! Picture NEXT TIME!!!)

For Kari K.

For VV.

For Scab.

I LOVE BACKSTAGE and plan to sing their praises for a long time to come. If you are on the West Coast and need talent, DO NOT HESITATE-- BEGIN with BACKSTAGE. Just wonderful results.

Today, I believe I locked down 2 Background Actors and 1 Featured Extra.

But more importantly, I have auditions and discussions SCHEDULED with ACTRESSES for the roles of Jade, Kari K, and Cammy over the next three days. Because 90% of the qualified and truly passionate talent is coming from Los Angeles, most initial contact is happening on SKYPE and Google Hangouts. 

The plan right now is to narrow down to the most qualified 2 or 3 for each role and have them all come down for ONE HUGE DAY of LIVE AUDITIONS next weekend and/or the following weekend. Of course, you will get all the details about that here first!

The next Casting Update will contain PHOTOS of my favorite candidates, and you can feel free to share your opinions and thoughts!

See you soon. Have some FUN until then!
--Bobby

2 comments: